English - Espanol - 简体 - 繁體
Inhouse Co Attorney banner

USCIS 4_24_20 Announcement USCIS 4_24_20 Second Announcement

EB-5 Immigrant Investor visa

To obtain this visa, you must invest $1 million (or $500,000 in a high unemployment or rural area) in a new commercial enterprise that is established after November 29, 1990, or a 3rd party-managed investment project called "Regional Center", and the enterprise must create or preserve 10 full time jobs within two years of the immigrant investor's admission to the United States. There are special situations where an enterprise that is created before November 29, 1990 can meet EB-5 requirements. Similarly there are other special or specific requirements for an EB-5 visa. InHouse attorneys can help you to determine and resolve issues as they arise, such as enterprise qualification or rural area designation or types of jobs or Regional Center qualification.

With an EB-5 visa, you and your derivative family members can reside in the US for two years. At the end of the two years period, you must apply for a permanent residence. There are many requirements for an immigrant investor to become a permanent resident. You must apply for a permanent residence status on time and all the requirements must be met or you will lose your permanent resident status. InHouse attorneys will take you through the process and advise you on how to meet the requirements. It is never too late to contact us.

The average time to obtain an EB-5 visa or a permanent residence status, assuming no challenging issue arises, is about 6 months. InHouse attorneys will personally attend to your applications so you lose no time to become a permanent resident. At the end of the two years period, and if your permanent residence status is approved, you and your family will become lawful permanent residents of the US. You and your family will be protected by the US under the US Constitution and can work or attend school.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee visa

Your company can establish a branch in the US, and obtain a L-1 visa for you to stay in the US to build the branch. There are specific requirements regarding the relationship between your company and the branch, how much business in the US is required, and your role in the company and the branch. InHouse attorneys will help you to satisfy all the requirements, and timely obtain a L-1 visa. Furthermore, InHouse attorneys could also help you to establish a branch in the US.

If your L-1 visa is approved, your derivative family members are also eligible to stay in the US with you. You and your family can stay in the US up to 5 years.

Given L-1 visa is a dual intent visa, the L-1 visa holder may apply for a Green Card and become a permanent resident without jeopardizing his/her L-1 visa status or their visa applications from a U.S. consular office abroad.

L-1 visa holders can obtain permanent residence through EB-1C application.

EB-1A Extraordinary Ability visa

To obtain this visa, you must be able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim. Your achievements must be recognized in your field through extensive documentation. InHouse attorneys will help you to prepare the necessary documents to successfully obtain a EB-1 visa.

EB-1B Outstanding Researcher or Professor visa

To obtain this visa, you must demonstrate international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. You must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area. You must be entering the United States in order to pursue tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education. If you are a researcher, scientist, or professor, and would like to continue your work in the US, please contact us. InHouse attorneys can help you to determine if you are qualified for a EB-1B visa.

EB-1C Multinational Manager or Executive visa

To obtain this visa, you must have been employed outside the United States for at least 1 year by a US firm or corporation and you must be seeking to enter the United States to continue service to that firm or organization. You must have been in a managerial or executive capacity with the same employer, an affiliate, or a subsidiary of the employer. Please contact us if you want to obtain a EB-1C visa for you or your employee.

Regional Center qualification

A Regional Center is any economic entity, public or private, which is involved with the promotion of economic growth, improved regional productivity, job creation and increased domestic capital investment. If you have an investment idea and plan and want to attract foreign investors, a Regional Center qualification is an excellent addition to your investment project. To obtain this qualification, you, as the organizer of a regional center, must seek the "Regional Center" designation from US Citizenship and Immigration Service by submitting a proposal, supported by economically or statistically valid forecasting tools, showing the followings:

  • The proposal must explain how the regional center will promote economic growth in the selected region.
  • How, in verifiable detail (e.g., using economic models), jobs will be created directly or indirectly through capital investments made in accordance with the regional center's business plan.
  • The amount and source of capital committed to the regional center and the promotional efforts made and planned for the business project.
  • How the regional center will have a positive impact on the regional or national economy.
  • InHouse attorneys with their vast experience in real estate transaction, corporate business transaction and US Security law can help you establish a Regional Center.